characteristics of saving groups
- Regular daily savings facilitated by collectors are promoted and two to three treasurers keep the records
- Members borrow from their own saving scheme for their own needs; the groups decide the loan procedures from their own savings.
- Each members has a saving book and treasurers keep the counter book
- The saving group as part of the network will receive a visit from another saving group to check their books every six months. The report is shared with the whole group
- Any mismanagement and problems are addressed through the network - this means a commitment and ownership from the people to participate in such activities.